Please find below some recommended recommened markets.
Don't expect designer gear or 'copies'. The markets are local markets where people go to buy their food and basics. Jane always calls the clothes "The Fashion that Time Forgot".
Having said that, the local produce is always fresh and so tasty! We usually get a rotisserie chicken for lunch and we can't resist the churros to be outside the local cafes with a coffee. Panic not; this is the done thing in Spain and the cafe owners won't mind.
- Monday: Berja & Huercal Overa
- Tuesday: Albox, Caniles, Cuevas del Almanzora & Los Gallardos
- Wednesday: Baza, Bedar, Lubrin, Mojacar Pueblo & Velez Blanco
- Thursday: Carboneras, Huercal Overa, Lorca, Olula del Rio & Sorbas
- Friday : Garrucha, Turre, Zurgena
- Saturday: Aguilas, Arboleas , Velez Rubio & Vera
- Sunday: Fines, Purias, San Juan de los Terreros & Villaricos
The Monday Huercal market is well worth a visit. It's large with a mixture of clothes (some even worth a purchase), good kids shoes and lots of produce. And why not have lunch in their untraditional Spanish square.
Tuesday in Albox is good for local produce.
We like Villaricos on Sunday. Good selection of fruit and vegetables and nice cafes in the square. Very good for fresh flowers.
In July and August, Vera Playa is host to a handicraft market which averages about 50 stalls and opens for business from 8pm until late.