Casa Torreta Blanca is owned and run by Jane and Pat Bryan.
We always wanted to move to Spain and have now found the ideal setting for our training academy and retreat. We looked at many properties and Jane always said it has to have "curb appeal" and Casa Torreta Blanca definitely has that!
A beautiful Spanish style Cortija (farmhouse) in a tranquil area, surrounded by three acres of gardens and olive groves. With spectacular views of the surrounding countryside, from the pool and the huge sun terrace, also the base of our stargazing activities.
We have developed a rural retreat within walking distance of the sleepy whitewashed mountain village of Partaloa in the province of Almeria, Southern Spain (544 metres above sea level).
To see our 3D tour CLICK HERE
The retreat is 10 minutes from Albox which has all the amenities of a Spanish market town.
Almeria is one of Spain's sunniest regions and one of the least visited.
Partaloa stands out due to its surroundings of mountains and rocky landscapes in the Almonzora Valley.
Casa Torreta Blanca
Partaloa, Almeria Province, Spain (04810)
Since we took over, the property has gone through extensive renovations. Rooms are simple but comfortably furnished.
We have 9 bedrooms all of which are twins/doubles.
- On the 1st floor, we have three double/twin en-suite bedrooms with shower & toilet facilities which have direct access to our huge terrace.
- On the ground floor we have one en-suite room & three with adjacent private bathrooms.
- We also have a courtyard annexe with two twin/double rooms & a shared bathroom, perfect for families or groups of friends.
All the double beds are super kingsize; 180 x 200cms, and when used as singles are a generous 90 x 200cms.
Outdoor facilities include:
- Pool (10 x 4 metres)
- 6 person spa hot tub
- Huge 1st floor sun terrace with dining table for 10
- Very large under cover terrace, with outdoor dining for 12
- Pool dining area with seating for 12 with freestanding awning (400x300cm)
- Pool bar with fridge
- Wood fire pizza oven
- Large secure courtyard with Morrocan seating area
- Sun loungers, inflatable terrace beds & parasols
- Private parking for 10+ cars
- Towels, including pool towels, and hairdryers are provided.
- We also have links with other guest houses/hotels so we can accommodate larger parties.
- WIFI is available throughout the house.
Casa Torreta Blanca is also available for whole house rentals.
We can accommodate any type of dietary requirements
Examples of menus can be found below:
Breakfast is served buffet style and will include the following depending on availability:
- Bircher Porridge
- Fresh fruit
- Tomato Bread
- Breakfast Lassi
- Selection of Teas & Filter Coffee
The menu is seasonal and lunch is served buffet style and examples are shown below:
- Olive Tapenade
- Fried Chickpeas
- Polenta Chillies
- Goats Cheese & Filo Pies
- Za-Atar Crumbed Halloumi
- Tomato & Olive Salad
- Preserved Peppers
- Cumin-Fried Padron Peppers
- Roasted Beetroot Salad
- Pomegranate Bulgar Wheat Salad
- Chana Chaat Salad
- Paneer & Mango Salad
- Kachumber (onion, tomato and cucumber salad)
Dinner will be a three-course meal and will be based around local and seasonal produce and examples of the main courses are shown below:
- Sticky, Spicy Aubergines
- Chargrilled Vegetable Kebabs
- Tomato and Halloumi Skewers
- Spicy Halloumi Salad
- Spiced Green Bean & Tomato Stew
- Cardamom & Coconut Dhal
- Aloo Sabzi (vegetarian curry)
- Paneer Tikka Achari
- Spanish Meatballs
- Chicken, Pistachio & Black Pepper Curry
- Chicken Shawarma
- Blackened Spatchcock Chicken
- Chicken Tikka Skewers
- Pan Friend Lamb Steaks with Preserved Lemon, Coriander & Garlic
- Lamb Boti Kebab
- Pan Fried Calamari
- Garlic Prawns
- Roasted Cod Loin
We have a firm commitment to protecting our environment.
To minimise our impact we will (as far as is humanly possible):
- Use locally grown, organic produce
- Avoid all single use plastic and packaging
- Use environmentally friendly products
- Recycle/reuse non-food waste
- Compost food waste
- Offset our and our guests carbon footprint by planting fruit trees on our land or donating to tree planting charities
- We have installed solar panels to reduce our carbon footprint and save trees
- Donate a percentage of profits to environmental charities
Jane is a well-respected and award-winning trainer of aesthetics, beauty, holistics and massage. She is passionate about all things to do with skin, in particular positive ageing. She had a very successful hypnotherapy clinic in the UK and will also be offering this service at Casa Torreta Blanca.
Pat is a male grooming expert who, for many years, has taught barbers, hairdressers and beauty therapists, the art of cut-throat razor shaving. Pat is also a remedial/deep tissue masseur with over 30 years experience.
We have taken to the Spanish lifestyle and enjoy nothing more than exploring the many restaurants and tapas bars on offer. Like a typical Spaniard, as soon as we've eaten one meal, we're thinking of our next!
Now we have found the perfect property and location, we have made our training academy head office in Spain and will be offering all of our courses at Casa Torreta Blanca as well as offering onsite training to English speaking Spanish therapists.
We will also be offering treatments (click here for details) for both guests and locals.
Alongside the training, we also realised that we have many friends who are amazing teachers in other fields (yoga, meditation, fitness, nutrition, mental health etc.) and we have decided to co-host retreats, workshops and bootcamps at the retreat.
In addition, we will be running our own seriously pampering retreats.